Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Losses & Gains...


Grandma Sandy meeting Evan for the first time!


We had an unexpected loss in our family in the very recent past. The loss of my mother-in-law was quite a shock and will continue to be for some time to come. Again and again I am reminded what a great support group of family and friends that we are blessed with and I was reminded throughout the week leading up to her funeral and in the days following.

Evan was lucky to have had many days playing with her and his sisters this summer. Grandma Sandy's passion was her grandchildren and I will continue to share this with them as they grow.
It has been difficult explaining to the girls exactly what death and heaven are all about. Seriously it's hard for adults to wrap their minds around, but the words of the little ones sometimes melts my heart. Alayna has reminded me that she will see Grandma again someday and it brings tears to my eyes even now. She is so right...there are gains to be found in the losses we have. We have gained a new guardian angel and she lives in our hearts. That is one thing we have talked about a lot with the girls. Even though we can't see her in heaven she is always with us in our hearts. I find comfort in my belief of heaven...I can only imagine what it's like. So we will remember the good times and the bad. The losses and the gains and support her memory in the minds of our children....they were her passion and continue to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment