Monday, February 22, 2010

Supports our decision!

It always make me feel great to find research to support the decisions we have made for Evan! He was 11 months at activation and this article is encouraging! He is making sooooo much progress! He has associated a consistent sound with bye-bye...it's more like " ah-ah-ah-ah" but does it every time he waves bye bye! His babble has expanded a ton during play time and is now making the buh, buh sound and ma-ma(not for me, just exploring sounds) and has just started to really respond to music more this week! He has started to dance with music and making more consistent sounds with his toys! I will post some video soon!

I had the opportunity to talk to our local Rotary group and hope I helped educate them more on CI's! We have had a lot of people in the community with questions and many who thought maybe he was wearing head phones :) So I jumped at the opportunity to share the amazing facts of CI's and our journey. 20 minutes isn't much time to squeeze it all into, but I think it went very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment